Friday, October 23, 2009

Spirit of Wipro run



I ran the Spirit of Wipro run this year- my first attempt at long distance running.

While in school, I used to run 1500 m race – but that was some 10 years back and the distance was comparatively less. The run was an eye-opener to me – it was a realization to me that I’m no longer an athlete! My expectation from myself is higher – much higher than what I’m actually capable of.
Have to be more realistic in life :)
But then, I felt happy that I could complete 4kms in 35 mins - not bad !

The run was truly refreshing (not forgetting the sore ankles and strained muscles).

More than 7000 people participated this year, of which around 3700 were in Bangalore. (Someone was telling that it is the biggest single-organization Marathon!) .

This years theme for the run was - Fun , Fitness and 'GO GREEN'.

P.S: Here is the link to an article that was published in the Sunday Magazine of ‘The Hindu’ few months back on long distance running.

http://www.hindu.com/mag/2009/05/03/stories/2009050350180600.htm

1 comment:

No Name said...

Gud 2 hear dat u ran ... I cudn't, dis time :(