Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Wrath Continues....

When I posted the last post , I was kind of relieved that the LOCK episode was over and I would soon join a project. But things went for a chnace again when on Monday the P M of the project that selected me called me up to say that they were not able to tag me since the LOCK was still present. He said that he was unable to UNLOCK it in spite of having selecte me and was unsure how to proceed and asked me to call the HR myself.

I was shocked - What is this happening in an IT company.

I called up the HR and this is how Ms G replied , voice raised and harsh as usual ( I really want to see this G to know how she manages to be so very non-understanding and rude  ) - " Anu , I have been telling you from the very beginning that we would not be able to help you if the project team is not supportive. This manager seems to be not particularly interested in you ( I really wanted to ask her what she meant by this particular interest ). We had asked him for some project details and explained to him the process for the same. He has not come back with the details yet. Please ask him to provide the details. I don't know how he handles delivery. (I understood this lady was rude by her very nature and belittles everyone she talks about )"

I was taken aback what she was asking me - it was actually asking me to do what she was supposed to do !!!

I called up the PM to know that there were few technical issues in gettng my SAP movement done and said that he would let me know when the movement is done.

All this just reinforced to me that " Never take anything for granted in the IT world . All that actually matters is your skillset and how you market it "

3 comments:

deeps said...

such crap happens in all the industry i guess...

Pencil said...

@deeps : maybe true ! but truly disheartening.


No Name said...

Cheer up Pencil