Sunday, September 27, 2015

1 month to completing 10 years of Work Life

Here comes a blog marathon to completion of 10 years of Work Life. A small attempt at renewing this space  and also to capture some good moments with the company . Hopefully there will be more frequent posts this way.

I joined Wipro on Oct 24th 2005 which means by next month this time I would be completing 10 years with the company.10 years just flew ...Not that I didnot ever wanted to change company , but the reasons did not last long enough for me to have actually tried my best at it. And most of the time I got what I needed the most important ones being , a near to 7 month work from home during the months before my  maternity and a  much sought after flexibility after I joined back from maternity - This I would highlight as a  SINGLE most important reason for having decided to stay back and also to have continued working itself. The period after maternity is the most important period in any working woman's life - when they need the actual hand holding by the company to start back to work. It was reasonably good for me - but I think it was more to do with the managers I worked for rather than the company or industry as  a  whole. This IS an area where the private sector as a  whole and IT industry in particular need to have a more holistic approach and vision for the well being of the society.

Signing off for today

No comments: