Sunday, May 11, 2008

Laments of a Tiny Bee


The little flower was
Neither beautiful nor big nor fragrant
But it was white..indeed purely genuinely white
There were no bees
Big, small or white hovering around
It was alone but happy
Happy that it was white though small
Happy that it was unnoticed
Until I saw it one day...swinging happily to itself...

I asked the little one
"Do you have some honey for me "
"I have a little...too little to give"
" I need only little ...but it has to be pure "
"Yes... you can take ...but my petals are white... do not dirty them"

I kept sucking honey from my little one daily,
The honey was indeed pure,
purest that I had ever had,
One day, tired I was after the day's work,
"Shall I rest on your petals... Dear "
I asked my little one
It did not node...but silence for me was affirmative

Alas.....there was dirt on my foot which I forgot to wash
My little one was dirty,
It was now neither beautiful nor big nor fragrant nor white
I had robbed my little one of it's pride in purity,
I affronted its dignity by my rude divestment,
But I was not wild....

I tried to clean it with hands and tears
But, dirt on white is difficult to clean
At last it rained...cleaning up everything that I had dirtied,
My little one was whiter, purer than ever before
Decorated with the little beads of rain...
Ready for a feast...feast for all....

Courtesy Of Idea : Vavakutty



No comments: