Thursday, August 7, 2014

Day 2/100 - From the Garden..


I love spending time with plants and flowers . And Gardening is one of the biggest stress busters for me. More than seeing a good , well maintained garden ( which for sure is a bliss in itself )- I enjoy the pleasure of planting , pruning , manuring and taking care of plants.
When Aidu was in Kerala last year and I had to be alone in Bangalore for the sake of work ..It was in my agenda to visit a nursery near our place every weekend.
I used to get up every day to check the well being of the plants in the garden...I love to see them grow and bloom. By 3 months of our stay in our new house ; I had 2 coconut trees, a mango tree ,
guava and pomegranate beside the less conspicuous yet beautiful flowers in my garden ( which is hardly a pinch of land ).
Probably because of the intensity of my desire to see them grow ; the plants generally grow and bloom when I'm away ( or so I feel) - most plants grew and bloomed when I was away in Singapore for three months..
I had a good collection of veggies too in the terrace and left out space on the sides of the house this year - thanks to my in-laws who were here for few months last year.
So here is a collection of pics from my garden. The Crop was not very great this year - due to the late and weak monsoon ( more to our laziness to water them regularly ) - But it was good enough to keep the momentum going - We have planned to get the next set of veggies to plant.




2 comments:

Charu said...

Nice Garden Anu ... loved the Red Flower plant (not Rose) ...i don't know the name of that plant... :) ...

Charu said...

Its mee Charu ...